Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
Because I wake up early and head straight into the office, it's hard to squeeze in a healthy breakfast on the go, I usually end up with a stash of breakfast bars or biscuits on my desk. Not the best...
So I've started whipping up healthy breakfasts at the weekend to keep me stocked up during the week in an attempt to sort my
It's ridiculously easy and quick to make with just a few ingredients, ideal for throwing together on a Sunday night ready for Monday morning. It's packed with protein too (around 15g) so it's great for a post workout meal too!
Makes one serving (double serving pictured above)
- 1/2 a cup of Almond Milk
- 3/4 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, whichever you fancy!)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or maple syrup or any other natural sweetener)
- 1/2 a cup of gluten free rolled oats, I used Mornflake as they're local!
- Toppings: Extra peanut butter, strawberries, granola - it's up to you!
- Grab a plastic container or a mason jar (I'm keeping it real with plastic tubs from Tesco, soz Instagram...) add the almond milk, chia seeds, sweetener and peanut butter, then stir together. It doesn't need to be smooth, it tastes best if there's swirls of peanut butter.
- Add the oats and stir a little more, making sure all of the oats are completely covered.
- Cover or put the lid on the container and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Open up and enjoy the next morning! Or add any of the additional toppings if you fancy. They will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.