My name is Clare and I am obsessed with smoked salmon. Paired with avocado and rye bread, it is one of my absolute favourite breakfasts of all time.
It has been a weekend staple ever since I went to Copenhagen this year and headed to Atelier September for brunch, their avocado on rye bread is second to none. It is incredibly easy to replicate as well as it only take a few ingredients and splashes of seasoning to make it yourself.
But, because I go through so much smoked salmon, I wanted to explore some other options. The photo above is of my breakfast from last weekend, but it's not salmon, it's smoked trout.
- Smoked Trout
- Rye bread (I get mine from Lidl as it's better and way cheaper than in the big supermarkets)
- Avocado (ripe, of course)
- Salt and black pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- Toast the rye bread, under the grill works best as it's too long for normal toasters.
- Peel, de-seed and slice the avocado.
- Place the avocado evenly on top of the rye bread and drizzle with olive oil.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the avocado and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Place the smoked trout on top of the avocado and add a little pepper to taste.
This would make the best alternative Christmas breakfast or Boxing Day brunch, let me know if you make it, I'd love to see what you thought!