Sausage rolls are one of my signature dishes, sometimes I put in a ridiculous amount of effort and make puff pastry from scratch and sometimes I rustle up a batch in under half an hour, depending on how I feel!
This is the easy peasy version, absolutely perfect for making for Christmas parties or bake sales even if you're pushed for time. I've been super lazy recently and opted for this recipe more often than not, I've also only managed to get as far as my local supermarket for all my ingredients and home electricals... I told you it was easy peasy!
- 1 Pack of Sausages
- 1 Pack of Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg for Glaze
- Black Pepper for seasoning
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle, then slice into two sections.
- Slice the skins off the sausages and put the sausage meat into a bowl, keeping their general shape.
- Place the sausage meat in a line in the middle of the pastry, then brush one of the sides in egg and fold over the pastry like in the photo below.
- Slice up into individual rolls depending on the size you'd like, I usually go for a couple of inches but you could always make bigger ones.
- Brush with egg wash and use a knife to add slices to the top to help the sausage meat to cook fully, then sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked fully.
- Cool and serve as soon as you're ready, or store in an air tight container for the next day!