Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
As it's my birthday eve I thought I'd post a recipe for one of my all time favourite treats, the peanut butter cup! Based on the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, this is an incredibly simple recipe that takes about 20 minutes, pretty much the same amount of time as it would take to go to the supermarket and buy some.
I've used 'healthy' ingredients to make them as angelic as possible, but feel free to make them as naughty as you like.
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (I used Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil because I'm super healthy)
280g Dark Chocolate
Smooth Peanut Butter (I used Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter)
1. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate together in a saucepan.
2. Line a cupcake tray with paper cases and spoon a little chocolate into each case, I used a dessert spoon full in around 10 cases. You'll need the chocolate mixture again soon so make sure you still have plenty left.
3. Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Take them out of the fridge and spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter in the middle of each one.
5. Spoon another dessert spoon full of chocolate over the top and chill in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
6. Before you serve them, take them out of the freezer a minute before so you don't break people's teeth and enjoy!
What's your favourite sweet treat? Let me know if you make these, I'd absolutely love to hear what you thought of them!