Sponsored Video: Batiste Stylist Collection
A full fringe is possibly one of the most high maintenance hair styles you can have, especially when you're like me and have wavy hair AND a cow lick meaning it is near impossible to ensure a fringe stays in place for even an hour, let alone a full day.
In my years of fringe maintenance, I've picked up a few tips so I thought I'd share them with you in light of Batiste's new styling range. Batiste dry shampoo is an integral part of my 24 hour, weather proof fringe,
- Wash your hair with volume shampoo to give strength to your hair, then spritz with volumising spray and mousse. I also use a little salt spray around my fringe area for extra structure and to stop it from getting greasy throughout the day, it works really well!
- I have a cowlick which used to make having a fringe impossible until I learned how to blow dry it into control, simply use the hairdryer from side to side, focusing on the left for 5-10 second then moving to the right. It somehow magically flattens everything and you instantly have normal hair!
- Straighten your hair as you would do normally, using a heat protection spray. Don't straighten your fringe too much, a natural bounce is always better than a poker straight, tufty situation.
- Spray Batiste dry shampoo on the under side of your fringe, this will make sure it stays in place all day long without getting greasy, miracle!
- Finish with a spritz of Batiste Stylist Hold Me Hairspray underneath (being very careful of your eyes of course) this keeps it in place without that tell tale crispy fringe!
I hope these tips help you to keep your fringe in tip top condition! If you're looking to create beautiful, soft waves, take a look at Victoria from In The Frow's tutorial to get the look and see the new styling products up close and personal.
Take a look at the new collection here, exclusively available at Boots.