The Weekend Cocktail
It seems like a million years has passed since the last Bank Holiday so the prospect of three (three!) lie ins is a very welcome one. All hail the long weekend!
When better to indulge in a naughty little cocktail? Lambrini thought so too, so they have worked together with Matthew Soares, general manager of Cloud 23, to develop two signature cocktails that you can mix at home. I've always had a soft spot for Lambrini, especially the peach and cherry flavours at uni, so after a quick cocktail masterclass with Matthew, I thought I'd share a couple of recipes for you to try out this weekend!
Lambrini turns 21 in September, what better was to celebrate than with a cocktail? This rather sophisticated flute full is a twist on the Champagne Classic and it's bloody delicious.
Lambrini Truly Peach or Original
Fresh Pomegranate or Passion Fruit (depending on your taste)
1. Spoon fresh pomegranate or passion fruit into a champagne flute
2. Soak a sugar cubes in orange bitters and drop into the glass
3. Add 25ml of orange liqueur and stir
4. Top with Lambrini Always Original (or Lambrini Truly Peach if you're feeling fruity)
5. Garnish with an orange peel twist or leftover pieces of pomegranate
Manchester Pride Cocktail
Developed with this weekend's Manchester Pride in mind, this cocktail is fun, full of popping candy and perfect for serving before you head out for an evening at Pride!
25ml Peach Schnapps
25ml Apple Schnapps
300ml Lambrini Very Cherry
1. Wet the edge of the martini glass and dip in to the popping candy (ensure the rim is covered all the way around)
2. Measure 25 ml of peach schnapps and 25 ml of apple schnapps into a cocktail shaker
3. Shake vigorously
4. Strain the mixture into a martini glass - leaving some room at the top
5. Add a splash of Lambrini Very Cherry
6. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you have a lovely long weekend and that these cocktail recipes add a little sparkle to it!