Healthy Chocolate Orange and Peanut Butter Brownies: Gluten free, flourless and vegan!
I tried out the recipe today but tweaked it a little so thought I'd share it with you! I would have taken more photos of the brownies after they'd cooled down but The Man had other plans for them...
Chocolate Orange and Peanut Butter Brownies
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter (organic or natural is best!)
- Quarter of a cup of agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Two tablespoons natural, unsweetened apple sauce
- Half a cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of chopped up dark orange chocolate (or any other flavour you like!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 inch tray (or double the mixture if you want to use a bigger tray) with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl (or mixer) mix together peanut butter, agave, vanilla and apple sauce until smooth. Add cocoa powder and baking powder; mix again until smooth. Gently fold half of the chocolate into the batter. Pour the batter into prepared baking tray and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the brownies. You can always add walnuts or anything else to make them even more exciting.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until top is just set, don't let them burn though! Even if they don't look completely cooked, they will set, because they're all vegan they don't need to be completely cooked! Cool on a wire rack as long as you can. Cut into 12 squares!
You can add any different flavour of chocolate, any nuts, berries or any other exciting things, just get experimenting!
To see Ambitious Kitchen's original recipe, click here. There are some amazing recipes on her blog, I thoroughly recommend having a look through!
If you happen to have any extra dark chocolate leftover, spread some peanut butter on it and enjoy an extra little treat while the brownies are in the oven!