These are adapted from an Ambitious Kitchen recipe for flourless, butterless and gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies which are possibly the tastiest things in the entire world. I adapted them a little to make them that little bit healthier seeing as I'm still (very slowly) making the effort to lose a bit of weight.
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter (or almond butter if you're feeling adventurous)
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of oats (gluten-free if you fancy, just standard if you don't!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup blueberries (or cranberries, apples, raisins, whatever your heart desires)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tray with some greaseproof paper
2. Mix together the peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth
3. Beat in both eggs and the vanilla essence until you have a smooth, glossy mixture
4. Mix in the oats and baking powder until completely mixed
5. Add in the fruit of your choice (definitely have a sneaky finger full to test), I used Whitworths fruit and blueberry apple which has sugar on which adds to the sweetness but there are definitely healthier options.
6. Use a couple of spoons and place spoonfuls of mixture onto the baking tray, leaving an inch or so in between so you don't get one massive cookie, though would that really be a bad thing?
7. Bake them until their golden brown, this should take around 10-12 minutes but keep an eye on them, they need to be gooey and not overdone for the perfect peanut butter cookie experience.
8. Eat them all!
If you have a go at making the cookies, let me know how they turn out and if you try anything different!