I travel A LOT. There's never a week that I spend every night in my bed, I'm always living out of a bag whether I'm home, at my boyfriend's, on business, on holiday or at a friends... I've got packing down to a fine art and have made myself a capsule wardrobe for the weekend that can deal with any situation...
1. A big bag that's easy to carry.
2. Comfy shoes that can be easy to take from tramping around train stations to bar hopping.
3. Clothes that look good when you layer them up, especially if you have to go from rainy, cold London onto the blisteringly hot tube.
4. A smaller bag where you can keep everything like tickets, passports and Oyster cards to hand.
5. Portable size make up, trust me, you'll need it!