Linda Öhrström, Make Up and Madness plus Links a la Mode
I love how many things go into making a beautiful photo. After seeing what goes on on the other side of the lens, I appreciate how many people it takes to create the editorials I flick through in magazines so much more. So, this post is dedicated to Make Up Artist Linda Öhrström rather than the various photographers. Though saying that, you should check out Iain Crawford's photography as he is behind the powder explosion images above which I pretty much love and has a lot more splattery images where they came from...
Linda's make up technique is so creative, sometimes literally throwing make up on the models... I would consider her more of an Artist than a Make Up Artist. The majority of her work uses the eyes as he main focus, framing them in all sorts of vibrant ways, and keeping the rest of the face relatively plain apart from the odd, wonderful green lip.
For more info and to look at lots more of her work, visit her website.
I've also been featured on this weeks' IFB Links a la Mode so hoorah! Check out the others too, it's a good bunch this week.
- 39th and Broadway – An Interview With The Person Who Really Determines How Your Clothes Fit!
- Chic Steals – What happens to a piece of clothing once it is donated to a charity such as Goodwill?
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion - Explores the new Spring/Summer Collection from Stylesmith:
- Denim Debutante – Three Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Your Jeans
- Evoluer – My best friend & I came across mint condition vintage Chanel at the local thrift store!
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Discovers a new way to think about dress via Linda Grant’s ‘The Thoughtful Dresser’
Fasshonaburu - Need inspiration on fun color combination? Try looking at wedding palette articles!
- For Those About to Shop - Breeyn McCarney’s eco-conscious collection finds beauty in despair
- House in Tillford – An interview with two big blogs: learn from their experience on how to grow your own blog
- Idiosyncratic Style – Recycled Style Project: DIY paperclip necklace
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Microsoft Launches KIN : The Social Media Phone
- Maple Sucre – The Women x Women Exhibition: Inspiring Young Women to get Behind the Lens
- M.I.S.S. – The Rag Trade: Wear it Now or Wear it Later
- Oranges and Apples - Ways of wearing vintage
- Retro Chick – Video Tutorial: Vintage style victory roll fringe bangs
- Some Kind of Style – Mr. Sartorialist In Town…
- Style Eyes - Couture: What’s the Point?
- The Coveted - March Springs, April Showers…. Floral Umbrella for Spring
- TheWellAppointedCatwalk – Suneri on Newbury
- TheWorkingWardrobe – Battle of the Blazers: 25 different blazers for 25 different styles and body types
- TrueQueen – Can Sweat Pants be Sexy?
- Tweet - Simon Ekrelius: Chalk, Mirrors and Confessions
- Widespread – An Interview with a new SF based store who gathers inspiration from the world
I'm not even going to talk about the farce that was The Outnet £1 sale... Though I did write an article to vent here for work if you want to read it...