Quite a packed post today, but hopefully all interesting!
These images are from a W Magazine editorial in 2009 and, for a change, I'm going to focus on the set designer. Philipp Haemmerle always creates a stunning set but this one is by far my favourite of his work. The set is obviously originally created by good ol' Mother Nature but Philipp has utilised it to create an eerie, striking and vibrant setting for an editorial fitting all of these characteristics.
The flashes of colour, from the plants and clothes, shine through and somehow become the main focus of the shoot. Who can resist those shoes as well? Awesome...
For more info and images, visit his website.
This week I'm rather pleased to announce that I'm featured on the IFB Links a la Mode with a selection of other wonderful bloggers. I've included the other chosen blogs below and I suggest you have a look at them as they are all marvellous. The list was curated by Fashion Pulse Daily.
- Alex Loves - The Chanel Tattoo Cast
- Alice in Stilettos - DIY Faux Fur Ankle Cuffs Inspired by Thakoon
- Denim Debutante - How Would You Change the Denim Industry?
- Despising Life is so Passé - Spring Cleaning: Detox your Space
- Fashion Pulse Daily - The DIY Glue-On Pedicure: Reviewing Revlon’s Perfect Pedicure Kit
- Fasshonaburu – Vyque & Alyssa review the “Project Runway” video game and give you a chance to win your own copy!
- For Those About to Shop – Designer NADA’s Fashion future – how about a 3D film?
- Haute World – My real life encounters with Balmain and an exclusive tour inside the label’s only boutique in the world.
- Idiosyncratic Style – The Personal Style of Fashion Designer, Breeyn McCarney
- Independent Fashion Bloggers : Evolving Influence business, ethics, and the future of fashion blogging videos
- Inny Vinny – See No Evil, Hear No Evil: Jezebel exposes photographer Terry Richardson
- Lady Peach -The men that have shaped the fashion scene… 5 Male Style Icons
- M.I.S.S. – Interview with Gabriela Hernandez, founder of Besame Cosmetics
- Retro Chick - How Vanity Sizing is damaging your health
- Shrimp Salad Circus - What does color do for your life?
- Skinnypurse - Skinny Cargo Pants: Love Them or Hate Them?
- Style Eyes - The Wang Effect – A discussion about the phenomenal popularity of all things Wang
- Style Symmetry: Style Me Challenge! Wear an Outfit Styled By Someone Else
- The Working Wardrobe – Show this rainy season who’s boss!
- The Coveted – Do you alter vintage?
- Tweet - Dark and intricately sculptural clothing by a young, Hungarian designer named Dora Mojzes with an amazing talent
- Ventures of Jenn - Vice interviewed Karl Lagerfeld; I broke it down
ALSO I'm updating the tweet ebay shop as we speak so keep checking back for vintage shoes and accessories.