Tuesday, 13 October 2015
As it's my birthday eve I thought I'd post a recipe for one of my all time favourite treats, the peanut butter cup! Based on the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, this is an incredibly simple recipe that takes about 20 minutes, pretty much the same amount of time as it would take to go to the supermarket and buy some.
I've used 'healthy' ingredients to make them as angelic as possible, but feel free to make them as naughty as you like.
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (I used Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil because I'm super healthy)
280g Dark Chocolate
Smooth Peanut Butter (I used Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter)
1. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate together in a saucepan.
2. Line a cupcake tray with paper cases and spoon a little chocolate into each case, I used a dessert spoon full in around 10 cases. You'll need the chocolate mixture again soon so make sure you still have plenty left.
3. Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Take them out of the fridge and spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter in the middle of each one.
5. Spoon another dessert spoon full of chocolate over the top and chill in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
6. Before you serve them, take them out of the freezer a minute before so you don't break people's teeth and enjoy!
What's your favourite sweet treat? Let me know if you make these, I'd absolutely love to hear what you thought of them!
Monday, 12 October 2015
I adore autumn, it's the season of polo necks, 120 denier tights, ankle boots and tartan, rejoice! This outfit combines all four and has pretty much been my uniform for the past few weeks, I don't regret it for a second. I'm channeling my inner Cher (Clueless not Cher Cher obv...) and loving every second.
Can we take a minute to appreciate this Vero Moda jumper from Ark by the way? It's a midi polo neck (I've made that up, assuming it's a thing...) with sleeves that are just that little bit too long, my favourite. Expect to see a lot more of this combo on the blog this autumn!
It's my birthday in a couple of days and it's the first year it's completely passed me by, there's not going to be a party or a bit celebration, I'm just going to be in work and enjoy it with my nearest and dearest. Does that mean I'm officially a grown up? #prayforclare
Sunday, 11 October 2015
Recreating cocktails that I've had in restaurants seems to be becoming a new habit of mine, but what a lovely habit to have. This weekend myself and Joe headed to Gusto in Manchester before going to our first ever rugby game with Christy (more on that soon), we treated ourselves to a couple of cocktails before the game and the Elderflower and Grapefruit Spritz I had was so delicious I just had to recreate it!
It's perfect for a pre-dinner drink as it's really light and refreshing, plus tastes bloody delicious. This is my version of the recipe but as long as you have the below ingredients included, it will taste lovely, promise.
A Splash of Elderflower Cordial
A Dash of Grapefruit Juice
A Squeeze of Lime
A Spoonful of Sugar
A Touch of Lemonade
A Splash of White Wine
1. Start with a wine glass or tumbler and pour white wine until it's about a third full (I used Roberson Sauvignon Blanc but anything light will work well).
2. Squeeze in the lime and grapefruit juice, and stir in with the sugar.
3. Add a splash of elderflower cordial, a couple of cubes of ice and top up to the brim with lemonade.
4. Add a curl of lime or lemon rind if you fancy, and enjoy!
I hope you're having a lovely, relaxing Sunday! Who knows, I might post another cocktail recipe next week...
© Tweet - Manchester Fashion Blog. All rights reserved.